Climate Week 2019 in Georgia
Climate Week 2019 takes place in Georgia from 27 September to 4 October, organized by the Greens Movement of Georgia / Friends of the Earth-Georgia in cooperation with and as a joint effort of organizations working in different parts of the country. These are: Public Development Center of Akhaltsikhe, Association “Dea”, Radio “Old Town”, The Imereti Scientists’ Union “Spectri”, NGO “Green Regions”, NGO “Tetritskaro Youth Center”, Association “Sema”, Energy Efficiency Center Georgia, Bolnisi Language House, NGO “International Development Agency”,” World Experience for Georgia” (WEG).
Accordingly, Climate Week events are planned throughout the country and everyone can participate. The events will take place in Tbilisi, Kutaisi, Senaki, Bolnisi, Mtskheta, Khoni, Tetritskaro.
Climate weeks have been held annually in many countries around the world since 2009. There are many different events within the Climate Week that have one common goal: to mobilize and unite the world community to tackle a common problem – global climate change. Climate Week was founded in 2009 in New York (Climate Week NYC). It was initiated by the international non-governmental organization Climate Group as a result of successful partnerships with New York City, UN and many other organizations. Since then, a variety of climate protection events have been organized within the frames of the Climate Week in various countries around the world, including Georgia. It has been celebrated in Georgia since 2009 and in most cases organized by the Greens Movement of Georgia / Friends of the Earth.
Climate Week 2019 is held in Georgia in the framework of the project “Strengthening Civil Society in the implementation of national climate policy“ implemented by the Greens Movement of Georgia/friends of the Earth in cooperation with Bund für Umwelt und Naturschutz Deutschland e.V. (BUND) and supported by the Federal Ministry for the Environment, Nature Conservation and Nuclear Safety.
Климатическая неделя 2019 Грузия
Климатическая неделя 2019 года проходила в Грузии с 27 сентября по 4 октября, организованная Движением зеленых Грузии / Друзья Земли-Грузии в сотрудничестве с совместными усилиями организаций, работающих в разных частях страны. Это: Центр общественного развития Ахалцихе, Ассоциация «Деа», Радио «Старый город», Имеретинский Союз ученых «Спектри», Общественная организация «Зеленые регионы», Общественная организация «Молодежный центр Тетрицкаро», Ассоциация «Сема», Центр энергоэффективности Грузии, Болнисский языковой дом, НПО «Агентство международного развития», «Мировой опыт для Грузии» (WEG).
Friday, 27 September
1. Webinar for regional Organizations of Greens Movement of Georgia
2. Working Meeting in Akhaltsikhe: „Climate Change Mitigation and Energy Efficiency of Buildings
3. Outdoor Performance in Senaki: “Turn Off the Engine”
Saturday, 28 September
4. Conversations on Climate Change and the NDC Process. Working Meeting with Representatives of radio and TV companies, news agencies, newspapers operating in Kutaisi
Monday, 30 September
5. Working Meeting in Kutaisi “NDC Process Challenges of Kutaisi”
6. Seminar for Nature and Art Teachers of Public Schools in Khoni Municipality on: “Current climate change mitigation processes and students awareness
7. Seminar and field activity for public school students in Tetritskaro and Manglisi
Wednesday, 2 October
8. Clean Up Action in the areas of Algeti National Park
9. Film screening in Senaki: „A Man Who Planted Trees“ and a discussion session
Wednesday, 3 October
10. Seminar at Iv. Javakhishvili Tbilisi State University: “Climate Change, Soils and Agriculture.
11. Working meeting in Mtskheta with the representatives of the signatory cities on the topic “The obligations of the signatory cities and the NDC process.”
12. Information campaign for children in Bolnisi “Climate change and children”
Friday, 4 October
13. Drawing Competition “We and Global Climate Change” for 10 public schools in Khoni Municipality
Competition of chalk paintings on asphalt: “We and Global Climate Change” for pupiles of 4 secondary schools in Khoni Municipality
14. Working meeting: “ Climate Change – Challenges in the Health Sector and Georgia, Tbilisi
15. Seminar for academic sector representatives and students on „Paris Agreement, NDC Process and Georgia, Tbilisi, Ilia University