Organising for an International Day of Action on Big Biomass on 21 October 2022
On the 21st of October 2022 the forests, climate and biomass working group invites all of its members and supporters to join us for an International Day of Action on Big Biomass!
You are invited to participate in whatever way you are able, wherever you are in the world.
Details of the day
- To raise awareness of the environmental and social impacts of burning forest biomass on an industrial scale.
- To show that the impacts of burning big biomass are global, by holding an international event that involves groups from all over the world.
- To amplify marginalised voices experiencing the impacts of big biomass, particularly those in the Global South.
- To build momentum in the run-up to the UN COP (which will take place in November) and put pressure on policy makers.
- To collaborate with fossil fuel campaigners around the shared message that we must go beyond burning.
- The day of action involves groups from all around the world.
- What is done on the day of action is decided by each group taking part. It could take the form of a webinar, a community event, a protest, a publication – anything!
- The day of action takes place as a “wave” across the world, as events happen in different time zones over 24 hours.
Targets and focus
- Participating groups choose their own specific target or issue to focus on, depending on what is relevant to their geographical area and campaign. The only requirement is that groups keep the focus on “big biomass” and maintain messaging consistent with the Biomass Delusion statement.
Global programme of events – “The Wave”
The Day of Action takes place as a “wave” around the world, to help us coordinate this and make a programme of events for the day, we ask participating groups to:
- Please send email@example.com a description of your activity and any relevant links to publish on the IDoA webpage by the 5th of October.
- Please make sure to use and share your activities with the #BigBadBiomass hashtag on the day – this will help to unify the actions happening all around the world!